Top Bollywood Movies of the 80’s
By Live Story | Posted on July 16, 2015 | 2205 Views
1980’s had a plethora of movies. It is almost impossible to choose the best from them. There were just so many movies that managed to enthrall the audience that it is really difficult to choose from them.
The early 1980’s Bollywood was more or less ruled by actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Vinod Khanna, Dharmendra etc. in the action movies. Then we had Rishi Kapoor, Shashi Kapoor, Feroz Khan, etc. in the romantic movies. We had actors like Anil Kapoor, Jackie Shroff, Jeetendra and Sanjay Dutt in the late 1980’s.
Among the actresses we had Smita Patil, Shabana Azmi, Hema Malini, Neetu Singh, Zeenat Aman etc. in the early 1980’s. Later part of the 80’s had Sridevi, Jayaprada, Madhuri Dixit, Meenakshi Sehsadri etc.
Here is a list of the movies which are by far the best Bollywood movies of the 1980’s:
- Qurbani (1980): A family entertainer with a love triangle, a big star cast and super hit songs.
- Dostana(1980) : This movie was about 2 childhood friends,
- Sparsh (1980): A very heart touching story about a school for blind children.
- Kranti (1981): A movie on India’s freedom fight starring Manoj Kumar, Hema Malini, Dilip Kumar, Shashi Kapoor and many more talented and famous actors and actresses.
- Lawaaris (1981): This was one of the super hit movies of Amitabh Bachchan who plays an orphan who is in search of his parents.
- Ek Duje Ke Liye (1981): This was a very touching love story.
- Vidhaata (1982): This was a crime based movie full of drama and action.
- Satte Pe Satta (1982): This was a super duper hit of Amitabh Bachchan about 7 brothers.
- Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron (1982): A must see movie, full of comedy and reality concerning corruption in all walks of life.
- Nikaah (1982): This is about how Muslim laws of marriage are misused. It had a lot of hit songs.
- Hero (1983): This movie was Jackie Shroff’s debut in the industry. It was a musical story of a criminal who falls in love.
- Ardh Sathya (1983): An award winning movie of a police officer who is struggling to fight the odds around him.
- Sharaabi (1984): A movie about a good hearted alcoholic, famous for its music and dance.
- Ram teri Gangaa Maili (1985): This movie was the last movie that was produced by Raj Kapoor and was a super hit. A great love story with excellent music.
- Meri Jung (1985): This was a great movie from Subhash Ghai about two lawyers fighting out each other.
- Nagina (1986): This was a super hit movie of snakes where the heroine could convert herself from a snake to a human whenever she wished. The movie had well-choreographed dance and music.
- India (1987): This was a fun family entertainer when a man could become invisible when he wore a special bracelet. The famous dialogue “Mugamobo Khush Hua” is from this very movie. From kids to adults, everyone just enjoyed this movie.
- Qayamat Se Quyamat Tak (1988): This was Amir Khan’s first movie. It was a romantic movie with good music.
- Tezaab (1988): This was Madhuri Dixit’s first super hit movie – a love story, with great music and dance.
- Maine Pyar Kiya (1989): The first super hit movie of Salman Khan, it was a love story with memorable songs.
The year 1989 saw a whole lot of movies that were loved by the audience all around the country. These include movies like Parinda, Chaalbaaz, Tridev, Chandni etc.
Some more movies from the 80’s that deserve a special mention are: Burning Train, Disco Dancer, Shahenshah, Shaan, Karz, Khoobsuraat, Masoom, Saaransh, Sadma, Ardh Sathya, Silsila, Ghayal, Arth, Namak Halaal, Beetab, Hukumat etc.
Latest posts by Live Story (see all)